Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Disappearing new windows
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:31 pm 

Hi. I don't know if this is a TMP problem or one of the epidemic of new Firefox [dis]improvements, but, becasse they will certainly try to blame you, thought I'd try here first.

With the last few releases of Firefox and TMP, when an application attempts to open a new window, the window and its contents appear to show up very briefly on screen, then to disappear as if manually closed. It does not appear in an extra tab (although I have that setting on), but as a separate, disappearing, window. This seems to happen perticularly often with some support chat sites that, I'm guessing, are running within HTML 5 pages rather than opening as separate windows when the chat session is started but then, it I try to "pop out" the chat window, I get that behavior. Same situation, at least AFAICT, with banking and merchant sites that try to open an invoice or the like from an already-open page.

Anyone else seeing this? Any way to tell whether it is a TMP problme or a Firefox one?

Fiirfox info and TMP config attached; I've got some security issues with the console log so will send (and probalby vet first) only if needed.

Attachments:
File comment: TMP preference file
TMPpref-20170725.txt [9.43 KiB]
Downloaded 12 times
File comment: Firefox config. Firefox claims that TMP is current.
firefox-20170725.txt [26.74 KiB]
Downloaded 12 times

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:02 pm 
Admin

2 things to try:
1. install the latest dev.build (see my signature).
2. Try a clean profile or disabling other exts.: Troubleshooting

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox
◆ I'm NOT a TMP developer ◆

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:43 pm 

Sorry to have been so slow about this but, while TMP is an important plug-in for me, spending a lot of time debugging or trying a number of troublehooting options is unfortunately not something I can make a high priority right now. I've tried a new Firefox profile (and the hours of time it takes to rebuild after doing that) and the July dev build to no effect. However, if I disable TMP, most (but not all) of the problem disappears -- most desired pop ups (pop outs?) do appear when requested and are properly closed when the action they request is completed. However there are a few others that show the symptoms I first complained about, i.e., the pop outs appear and then immediately close. The owners of those web sites, when questioned about the issue, tend to say "Firefox and its plugins are a problem, use Chrome", an answer that does none of us much good.

Don't know if that added information is of any help or not.

thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:11 am 
Admin

Can you provide specific site with specific link that i will be able to test it with your configuration on my pc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 am 

That is a bit of a problem.

For the things pop up, but don't shut down with TMP enabled but do it is is not case, try the LastPass plugin (they are having other FireFox problems, but this seems separate from them). The other cases seem to be associated with financial institutions, including, but not exclusively, their live chat frames or windows. I can't tell you enough for you to navigate to the problems without disclosing account information although I'd be happy to tell you, off-list, which institutions are involved.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:51 am 
Admin

You can send me a private message or email me at tabmix.onemen@gmail.com