Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TMP launch time
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:36 am 

Oh boy, do we need TMP!!! Any info about where you are now, and when we can expect something?

Hans L

Last edited by makondo on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corrected title typo

Post subject: Re: TMP launch tine
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:02 am 
Admin

When it's ready. When onemen will have something to say, he will.

http://tabmixplus.org/support/troublesh ... abmix.html
viewtopic.php?p=72883&f=8#p72883

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox
◆ I'm NOT a TMP developer ◆

Post subject: Re: TMP launch time
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:39 am 

For those of us who relied so heavily on TMP for productivity purposes for many years, that's not a reassuring answer. Yes, I get that it's not something that has a set time frame and that the developers shouldn't have to answer it constantly, but some kind of rough estimate isn't too much to ask for from time to time. You know who gives the "it'll get here when it gets here" answer? Dead projects. Vaporware. I'm not trying to be abusive here, but it's not as if this is an unreasonable question to ask.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:10 am 
Admin

Is this 'rough' enough?
onemen wrote:
... The road to restore Tab Mix with all its features as WebExtension will be long...

Sometime? ... this week? .... maybe? ...
How can anybody give you an answer when they're testing code in a few versions of a few browsers which means problems can and do pop constantly? I'm sure when onemen will feel it can be tested publicly, he will post it.

JoshTheRadioDude wrote:
... isn't too much to ask for from time to time ...

Maybe, didn't try, what's the point? But you try answering it 'from time to time' Image

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:49 pm 

JoshTheRadioDude wrote:
For those of us who relied so heavily on TMP for productivity purposes for many years, that's not a reassuring answer. Yes, I get that it's not something that has a set time frame and that the developers shouldn't have to answer it constantly, but some kind of rough estimate isn't too much to ask for from time to time. You know who gives the "it'll get here when it gets here" answer? Dead projects. Vaporware. I'm not trying to be abusive here, but it's not as if this is an unreasonable question to ask.

I'm sorry, does the developer owe you anything? He made an extension that you used, for free, so that you yourself could be more productive (and make more money I assume), and you're demanding answers from him? What the actual f_ck?

Quote:
I'm not trying to be abusive here

Try harder.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 am 

Instead of concentration on whether the developer owes the users anything, or if the users can place any demands on the developer, let's hope that the developer will find it in his heart to keep the cadre of grateful users informed of developments ... a kind of compromise of what the developer can do and the user do want.

Hans L

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:31 am 

People forget that "the developer" is just an ordinary person like themselves who has daytime work, a family, friends, relationships and little time for hobbies which one of them is developing Firefox extensions ... It's done when it's done.

Regards,
Markus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:09 pm 

IRobertI wrote:
I'm sorry, does the developer owe you anything? He made an extension that you used, for free, so that you yourself could be more productive (and make more money I assume), and you're demanding answers from him? What the actual f_ck?

I'm sorry, was I addressing you? I in no way was "demanding answers" from anyone, I simply stated that the current state of affairs -- one missing any real substantial update on progress of the project -- is a typical sign of a dead project, and that if the developer wished to avoid the perception that the project is dead, more regular and detailed status updates would be a good idea. Don't get your britches in a bunch there, bucko.

IRobertI wrote:
Try harder.

Oh, well, you sure told me. Try harder, yourself. I didn't come in here with the vitriol, you did.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:10 pm 

Hans L wrote:
Instead of concentration on whether the developer owes the users anything, or if the users can place any demands on the developer, let's hope that the developer will find it in his heart to keep the cadre of grateful users informed of developments ... a kind of compromise of what the developer can do and the user do want.

Hans L

That was the entire point of my initial post.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:11 pm 

elfriedee wrote:
People forget that "the developer" is just an ordinary person like themselves who has daytime work, a family, friends, relationships and little time for hobbies which one of them is developing Firefox extensions ... It's done when it's done.

Regards,
Markus

Yes, and I use other pieces of software developed by individuals in similar circumstances. As I said, "it's done when it's done" is not a good sign.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:44 pm 
Admin

OK, enough.
This forum is a peaceful place and i will do anything to keep it that way. No bickering, no arguments, no insults, no personal attacks, period.
I posted 2 links above. One says clearly: the road will be long. The other mentions last weekend but apparently something didn't go quite right ... thus the reason developers don't give estimates on dates in the first place. Usually people who ask 'are we there yet?' end up nagging and whining the most when estimated dates are not met. So, either patiently wait like thousands of others or simply install other exts. and keep on.
Flaming posts with 'Dead projects. Vaporware' and so on will be deleted w/out warning.

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox