Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:38 am
Posts: 40
Hello,

Within the past couple of days the forum software has started performing full logouts despite only a couple of hours earlier having the "Log me on automatically each visit" option ticked during the previous login. Not only does the forum resort to the default bright theme instead of the nice dark "pro-mod" theme, the ability to accurately track which posts/threads you have already visited gets jumbled. This defeats the purpose of the aforementioned login option.

A less important issue that has occurred for awhile is what happens when clicking the "View first unread post" link next to a thread title in the thread list. After entering the thread the forum software doesn't line-up the display with the first new post target. Fortunately the "Icon post target unread" GIF (ie: Image) image can be used to manually scroll and find the start of new posts in any given thread.

If these forum software issues can be easily fixed, that's great. If not, I understand.

Thanks.

_________________
Lonn


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:36 am 
Offline
Admin

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:13 am
Posts: 7790
Location: Rocky Mountains
As far as i know nothing has changed in the forum soft.
I have to log in daily as i come to the forum (and often more than once since/day as i do some cleaning here). It started a while ago and i think it has to do with some ext. and/or my Fx privacy settings, and/or combination of all this. But since i'm pretty lazy to spend time and energy investigating, i simply log in when needed.

The 'line up'? It takes you to the last post of the thread. I see this on mozillazine.org forums as well, uses the same phpBB soft.

As for the theme. That's why i use my own style, it doesn't depend on my log-in state. As far as i know, mine is the only style for this forum but there some styles that are 'universal for phpBB forums and should work here for the most part or with a very little change. Here's one from grom who is a very good at this, i'm sure the style is great. If you don't want it on other phpBB forums, delete all urls but this: url-prefix("http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/")

_________________
•► How to post
•► Troubleshooting
————— ••• ——————
TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox
◆ I'm NOT a TMP developer ◆


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:38 am
Posts: 40
makondo wrote:
As far as i know nothing has changed in the forum soft.
I have to log in daily as i come to the forum (and often more than once since/day as i do some cleaning here). It started a while ago and i think it has to do with some ext. and/or my Fx privacy settings, and/or combination of all this. But since i'm pretty lazy to spend time and energy investigating, i simply log in when needed.

I wanted to wait before replying to make sure it wasn't a fluke, but as mysterious as the "Log me on automatically each visit" option stopped working, it's working again. This is the third consecutive day that I have visited here where I did not have to re-login to the forum.

makondo wrote:
The 'line up'? It takes you to the last post of the thread. I see this on mozillazine.org forums as well, uses the same phpBB soft.

The Synology forum also uses the phpBB software. There, when the associated "View first unread post" thread link is clicked, the resulting page targets the first unread post by aligning that post at the top of the display. Here, the resulting page is not aligned properly with the first unread post in the thread. As I mentioned before, it's not a big deal since each new post has a different icon than a previously read post, which makes them easily distinguishable. What I do and don't mind continuing to do, is simply scroll down and start reading.

makondo wrote:
As for the theme. That's why i use my own style, it doesn't depend on my log-in state. As far as i know, mine is the only style for this forum but there some styles that are 'universal for phpBB forums and should work here for the most part or with a very little change. Here's one from grom who is a very good at this, i'm sure the style is great. If you don't want it on other phpBB forums, delete all urls but this: url-prefix("http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/")

That's a very good idea, I like that a lot. I'll install the style and will probably add more sites.

Unlike this forum which does provide a dark theme (and thank you for that), many forums do not offer such an option. They usually go for the hideously bright theme which unfortunately is a trend these days. Not only with forums, but websites. Webmasters are taking what was a perfectly readable website and turning them into a bright turd. You may have seen examples of this where the background is bright and the text is light gray, making the site difficult to read. If you now have to squint to read the page, it is not better. LOL

Thank you.

_________________
Lonn


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group