Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:39 pm 

makondo wrote:
2 clicks is certainly much better than collapsing the tabbar on and off on hover and having your content dancing up-n-down every time you hover toolbox where most people have other buttons or display bookmarks toolbar. If you have Stylish installed, try it for yourself:

#navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar
{ visibility: collapse !important; }

#navigator-toolbox:hover #TabsToolbar
{ visibility: visible !important; }

Do you find opening a bookmark tiresome too?

If you go back to the first post in this thread, you'll see that I was happy using Stylish back in FF 3 but it stopped working with FF 4. In that implementation I kept the tabbar minimized with just 10 pixels showing. When I needed a tab, I simply moused over the partially hidden bar, it popped up, I selected the tab and when I moved the mouse off of the bar, it retracted. That is the optimum implementation, IMO. Everything else is degrees worse.

I spent a bunch of time trying to get the same functionality to work in FF4 but nothing worked. People claimed it was because Mozilla changed the architecture. you can review what I went through if you got back to the thread beginning.

Anyway, that style you quote works with a single row of tabs but does not work with TMP multi-row tabs, which is why I was forced to ask for the button solution.

With the current button to hide/unhide the tabbar, which I have placed on my status bar, I just have to click once to flip the tabbar to show or hide. Not as elegant as the mouse-over technique above, but usable.

Adding yet another click each time I want to see hide the bar is just adds further obfuscation to the task. The goal of everything should be to simplify to the smallest amount of steps to get the job done. NOT making a more complicated solution.

As for native bookmarks, I never use them. I use an add-on called Plain Old Favorites which lets me use my Windows/IE favorites in the Favorites folder, of which I have a few thousand of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:27 pm 
Admin

Sorry you're missing my points by a mile. The code i gave you above works fine for me no matter how many rows displayed. It hides the tabbar, period. I gave it to you to quickly test and see how content jumps up and down when you hover toolbox, which i personally find annoying, to say the least.
My question about bookmarks was a sarcasm since to open a bookmark, you'll have to use at least 2 clicks, extension or no extension. Another words, it works exactly the same way TMP' Opened tabs button does. The function has been added sometime after your first post in 2015.
BTW, Stylish 2.0.7 works fine as usual, as far as i know.

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox
◆ I'm NOT a TMP developer ◆

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:38 pm 

makondo wrote:
Sorry you're missing my points by a mile. The code i gave you above works fine for me no matter how many rows displayed. It hides the tabbar, period. I gave it to you to quickly test and see how content jumps up and down when you hover toolbox, which i personally find annoying, to say the least.
My question about bookmarks was a sarcasm since to open a bookmark, you'll have to use at least 2 clicks, extension or no extension. Another words, it works exactly the same way TMP' Opened tabs button does. The function has been added sometime after your first post in 2015.
BTW, Stylish 2.0.7 works fine as usual, as far as i know.

We went through all this on the 1st page of this thread. The code you offer does not work with bottom tab bar. I spent a lot of time testing back then. Would have preferred that solution.
Sarcasm doesn't show well on the web. The only bookmarks I use are on the bookmark bar, which is at the top of my browser. Single click for all of them.