Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:38 pm 
Admin

I deleted the original post and posted this 2 onemen' buttons instead. Delete the original and install the second button from my CB thread. It seems to be exactly what you want.

onemen, thanks! They both work all right for me.

TMP latest dev.build
I'm NOT a TMP developer ◆ Win10 ♦ WaterfoxMy TMP forum style

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:23 pm 

Very good, works nicely now with tabs on the bottom! Looking forward to a future implementation that will open the tab bar with a mouse bump and perhaps let me display say 10 pixels of the bar.

There are a lot of people who keep many tabs open. Suggest you promote this functionality somehow so others can benefit, rather than just those who stumble on this thread.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:15 am 

The button you guys constructed has been working wonderfully for collapsing multiple rows of tabs temporarily.

But I wanted to check in as to any status with implementing an integrated solution in TMP as mentioned above, where a the multiple row tab bar will be hidden by default, showing only 10-15 pixels. Then when I bump against the visible tabbar section, the full tab bar will pop up and a toggle button will not be necessary. If I remember correctly, the promise was to look at this for release somewhere early in 4.x.

I had promised to make [another] donation to TMP when this function was implemented but do not see anything related to this in the latest 5.0.1 release.

Can you update me as to any work done on this so that I can remove the need for an external button toggle?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:41 pm 

Since updating to 52.2.0 Firefox ESR a few days back, the button you guys built to collapse my rows of tabs no longer works. Is the code fixable to work with this new release?

Thanks!

==========================
This is the button code:

/**
* Toggle tabbar visibility.
*/
(function() {
// helper functions
const $ = id => document.getElementById(id);
const hide = item => item && item.style.setProperty("visibility", "collapse", "important");
const show = item => item && item.style.removeProperty("visibility");
const get = item => item && item.style.getPropertyValue("visibility");
const toggle = (item, collapsed) => {
if (!item) {
return;
}
if (collapsed) {
show(item);
} else {
hide(item);
}
}

const toolbar = $("TabsToolbar");
const collapsed = get(toolbar) == "collapse";
toggle(toolbar, collapsed);

// show/hide the bottom background box
// when tabs are below content by Tab mix plus
toggle($("tabmix-bottom-toolbox"), collapsed);

// set tabbar height for multi-row
if (collapsed && typeof TabmixTabbar == "object" && TabmixTabbar.isMultiRow) {
gBrowser.tabContainer.mTabstrip._singleRowHeight = null;
TabmixTabbar._heights = [];
TabmixTabbar.visibleRows = 1;
Tabmix.tabsUtils.updateVerticalTabStrip();
TabmixTabbar.setFirstTabInRow();
TabmixTabbar.updateBeforeAndAfter();
gTMPprefObserver.updateTabbarBottomPosition()
}
})()

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:55 pm 
Admin

If you use All tabs button, Right click drops a menu to hide the tabbar. So, this will take 2 clicks but no need for another button. If you don't see it on your toolbars, might need to drag it from the Customize palette. Obviously, the tabbar wouldn't be a good place for it Image

TMP latest dev.build

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:50 pm 

makondo wrote:
If you use All tabs button, Right click drops a menu to hide the tabbar. So, this will take 2 clicks but no need for another button. If you don't see it on your toolbars, might need to drag it from the Customize palette. Obviously, the tabbar wouldn't be a good place for it Image

What is "All tabs button"? Don't see that anywhere or in customize choices.

Is the old button code unfixable now? I might have to lock myself into the older FF ESR release if so.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:54 pm 
Admin

"All tabs" button is Opened Tabs button, shows all open tabs.
The button use works fine. If you're using Cb ext., you might need to update that. I use Custom Buttons³, a version by srazzano w/out any issues.

TMP latest dev.build

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:12 am 

makondo wrote:
"All tabs" button is Opened Tabs button, shows all open tabs.
The button use works fine. If you're using Cb ext., you might need to update that. I use Custom Buttons³, a version by srazzano w/out any issues.

I installed the "all tabs" button but am unclear on what this does. It just seems to display a rather long list of all my open tabs (currently 43). What am I supposed to do with this list?

I am using the custom buttons ext but it hasn't been updated in some time.

I did a search for "custom buttons 3" but found only a "custom buttons 2" which isn't compatible with my 52 ESR release.

Then I found the "custom buttons 3" from the link you pointed to. However, I can't install it because it isn't signed and cannot be verified.

Sounds like I am between the old rock and a hard place.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:14 am 
Admin

iamme99 wrote:
Since updating to 52.2.0 Firefox ESR a few days back, the button you guys built to collapse my rows of tabs no longer works. Is the code fixable to work with this new release?

I tested this code on Firefox ESR 52.2.0 without any issue

Try it on a new profile with latest Tab mix or latest development version

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:04 pm 
Admin

The Opened Tabs button is one of TMP default buttons (as shown here). You don't 'install' it, you simply drag it out of the Customize palette (Right click any bar/Customize) and place it on some toolbar (but not on the tabbar i'd think). You can then RIGHT click the button and see this:
Attachment:
1.png
1.png [ 27.15 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]

CHECK 'ALWAYS'. To see the tabbar again, RIGHT click the button again and UNcheck your option.

TMP latest dev.build

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:20 am 

onemen wrote:
iamme99 wrote:

I tested this code on Firefox ESR 52.2.0 without any issue

Try it on a new profile with latest Tab mix or latest development version

Were you still using Custom Buttons 3?

And how did you manage to use that, since it is not signed?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:21 am 

makondo wrote:
The Opened Tabs button is one of TMP default buttons (as shown here). You don't 'install' it, you simply drag it out of the Customize palette (Right click any bar/Customize) and place it on some toolbar (but not on the tabbar i'd think). You can then RIGHT click the button and see this:
Attachment:
1.png

CHECK 'ALWAYS'. To see the tabbar again, RIGHT click the button again and UNcheck your option.

That would be an awful solution!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:51 am 
Admin

Image What's so 'awful' about it? 2 clicks instead of 1 and no extra ext.? Yeah, it's hard to do, i know.
Try CB² here, i think it's signed. If it still doesn't work for you, post in CB forum in the Buttons forum.
Good luck, i'm out of here.

TMP latest dev.build

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:14 pm 

makondo wrote:
Try CB² here, i think it's signed. If it still doesn't work for you, post in CB forum in the Buttons forum.
Good luck, i'm out of here.

As I noted above, CB2 is not compatible with 52.x ESR, so I can't install that.

If the button works with CB3 for you, that's great but I was hoping that you could perform your test using the same Custom Button extension I have installed, before I go through the hassle of rebuilding my profile on the hope that might be the problem. Would that be possible?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:55 pm 
Admin

No, i use Waterfox and have no time to install Fx and fiddle with any of this. As i said, if the version posted in the thread i linked above doesn't work for you, post in the CBforum thread.

TMP latest dev.build

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:15 am 

makondo wrote:
No, i use Waterfox and have no time to install Fx and fiddle with any of this. As i said, if the version posted in the thread i linked above doesn't work for you, post in the CBforum thread.

For anyone else experiencing this problem, it appears that there are errors with the Custom Button extension (due to continued dumb FF changes by Mozilla) and the author hasn't got around to fixing them or may not be interested in doing so.

So some others have built new CB versions. This one worked for me and solved my problems. TMP MultiButton is working now.

"custom_buttons-0.0.5.8.9-fixed4-signed.xpi.zip"
http://custombuttons.sourceforge.net/fo ... f=5&t=3743

As posted previously, it sure would be nice if this row collapse functionality was built-in to TMP instead of requiring an add-on + custom button to work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:28 pm 
Admin

CB2 and CB².... You probably didn't notice the difference and i forgot the original CB2 is still on addons site, however, i did post a link to the same CB forum thread you just posted, to which you said it doesn't work for you (apparently w/out trying the link first otherwise you'd have noticed the title of the CB thread, at least).

That said, it IS built in, as noted above, it's in the Opened tabs Rclick menu. Don't expect any changes 'cause the future of TMP is not yet clear and onemen will not spend time on his.

TMP latest dev.build

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:45 am 

iamme99 wrote:
makondo wrote:

For anyone else experiencing this problem, it appears that there are errors with the Custom Button extension (due to continued dumb FF changes by Mozilla) and the author hasn't got around to fixing them or may not be interested in doing so.

So some others have built new CB versions. This one worked for me and solved my problems. TMP MultiButton is working now.

"custom_buttons-0.0.5.8.9-fixed4-signed.xpi.zip"
http://custombuttons.sourceforge.net/fo ... f=5&t=3743

As posted previously, it sure would be nice if this row collapse functionality was built-in to TMP instead of requiring an add-on + custom button to work.

I don't know how you make the little 2/3, so I think this was a source of some mix-up. I said above that I tried the to install the CB(little3) but it wasn't signed, so I couldn't do it. CB(little 2) is not compatible with ESR 52.x. The CB2 that you pointed to (I think) was the solution that worked for me. And I did not have to build a new profile as Onemen suggested.

I disagree that the right-click thing is a viable solution for collapsing multi-line tabs. But that is my opinion..

Perhaps if Onemen rewrites the code for TMP, he can integrate functionality to collapse/expand a multi-line tab list with a simple mouse over, which what I was able to do way back in FF release 3.x. I am confident this is something that would be helpful to many TMP users who keep many tabs open.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:37 am 
Admin

2 clicks is certainly much better than collapsing the tabbar on and off on hover and having your content dancing up-n-down every time you hover toolbox where most people have other buttons or display bookmarks toolbar. If you have Stylish installed, try it for yourself:

#navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar
{ visibility: collapse !important; }

#navigator-toolbox:hover #TabsToolbar
{ visibility: visible !important; }

Do you find opening a bookmark tiresome too?

TMP latest dev.build

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:19 pm 
Admin

onemen,
unless you plan on making a separate button for this, i think you need to add it to the Help and to the button in the TMP Options dialog, something like:
Right click menu has options to hide tabbar (Never/When only 1 tab opened/Always).

Also, you really should make it impossible to place the button on the tabbar OR dim/disable the Rclick menu if the button is on the tabbar otherwise you're looking for trouble! It might be a good idea to add a tooltip for the Rclick (Right click menu is disabled when the button is on the tabbar).
A simple test for 'trouble' - create a clean profile, install TMP, place the button on the tabbar ... delete the profile 'cause you'll never be able to properly use it again anyway Image

TMP latest dev.build