Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:25 pm 
First of all. Thank you for this great extension. I don't know how i would make it without it and it's definitely a dealbreaker for updating Firefox if I can't find TMP for the new version.

Second. My language in Firefox is Swedish so I'm not sure of the exact names of all buttons but i'll try to translate it as good as I can. The atempted translations is within "quotes".

I'm having some trouble when I open links to other homepages. In Firefox 3.0 when I googled for something and then clicked the links it would open in a new tab but it doesn't in 3.5. I have choosen the option "Force open in new tab" to "Link to other homepage" just as i had it before in 3.0 but it doesn't open in a new tab anyway.

I tried to inactivate all my extensions but the problem was still there so it can't have to do with that. I'm using Windows XP SP3, Firefox 3.5.1 and Tab Mix Plus 0.3.7.4pre.090726.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:54 pm 
Admin

Yes, this has been reported a few times. I believe it's Fx bug which should deal with site's coding and TMP should to, IMO. They both need to respect the option setting but they don't. There are gazillions of bugs filed on Bugzilla, you can do a search or search here (button at the top of the page) to find my post with a link to the list of those bugs (sorry, have no time right now) - BTW, the search on this site will open in the current tab , just so you know ;-)
Here's Bugzilla results for Google related bugs, you can search from there for a new tab ... or whatever. Some say you can set this in Google prefs (won't work for me as i don't sign in and don't keep their cookies) if interested, search this forum.
Found it, here.

Sorry, forgot to say, Mclick on a link should open it in a new tab. Not ideal but a workaround.

TMP latest dev.build
I'm NOT a TMP developer ◆ Win10 ♦ WaterfoxMy TMP forum style

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:51 am 
Thank you for the answer and I'm sorry not being able to search for it myself. I tried.

I know Mclick opens in new tab but sinse I'm using Mclick to minimize windows i can't use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:28 am 
Admin

try Ctrl+click

Post subject: middle button
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:01 am 
Use the middle button:-) it works with the new IE, firefox and chome.