Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 34  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:25 pm 
Admin

DMCrimson wrote:
Hehee, thanks onemen - That aspect of the theme is now fixed.
The menuitem still doesn't work thoug, Key combo works, but the item itself doesn't, and there's nothing coming to error console...

i'll try to fix this in the next version
until that fix try to you tabmix tollbar button for closed tab list

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:01 pm 
Can no longer drag tab to bookmarks in latest dev build, it only sees the tab drag to rearrange tabs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:30 pm 

agreed. i noticed this too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:38 pm 
No longer able to drag tab to bookmarks -

Isn't this caused by a recent change that landed in both Shiretoko and Minefield, and broke TMP, rather than a bug in TMP itself ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:47 am 

yes, because of the new draw to new window function.

Drag the site info button instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:11 am 
After the last update dragging text into the search bar has become very buggy - most of the time it doesn't work. Works fine if TMP is disabled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:43 am 
"Drag the site info button instead."

Just to clarify if anyone else is confused - that's the favicon that appears in the address bar. :)

I didn't know I could do that.

Mind you - being unable to drag the tab has meant that I've started double-clicking the star in the address bar...
( with the extension OpenBook 2.0.1.1 to open the dialog box fully )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:36 am 

Guest wrote:
"Drag the site info button instead."

Just to clarify if anyone else is confused - that's the favicon that appears in the address bar. :)

I didn't know I could do that.

Mind you - being unable to drag the tab has meant that I've started double-clicking the star in the address bar...
( with the extension OpenBook 2.0.1.1 to open the dialog box fully )

FYI-Without the extension, you do get the bookmark dialog when double-clicking the star in the awesome (aka address) bar. Double-clicking the star will open the bookmark dialog with a list of bookmark folders you have recently added bookmarks to. There is also the option to choose a folder if the folder you desire is not on the initial short list. You can add tags to your new bookmark, if you desire. Finally, you can cancel the addition of this new bookmark if you so desire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:18 pm 
Quote:
FYI-Without the extension, you do get the bookmark dialog when double-clicking the star in the awesome (aka address) bar. Double-clicking the star will open the bookmark dialog with a list of bookmark folders you have recently added bookmarks to. There is also the option to choose a folder if the folder you desire is not on the initial short list. You can add tags to your new bookmark, if you desire. Finally, you can cancel the addition of this new bookmark if you so desire.

Well I know those :wink:

But, but, with the OpenBook extension, I save one mouse-click. :D

( I have the folder list set to automatically open with a scrollbar. )

Yes, I could probably do that by modifying prefs.js or about:config, but in this case, the extension is only 7k. That, plus the possibility of additional features in future means it suits my way of working.

I'll admit to being strange 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:14 pm 

I was posting more for others, especially those unfamiliar with how the star works. There are still Firefox 2 users, users who probably don't have any idea what we're talking about. :wink:

Post subject: Freezes
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:08 pm 

Lately(ff trunk) I've been having strange freezes when opening new windows, especially from external programs and when the windows are not focused.

Firefox eventually complains of a slow running script(tabmixplus.js) line 782, which here is:

onTabSelect: function TMP_EL_TabSelect(aEvent) {

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:59 pm 
using whitehart theme on FF3.0.5, latest built 090107 breaks slim tabbar, it will just ignore the option in whitehart's option to use slim tab bar to save space.

Post subject: Re: Freezes
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:56 pm 
Admin

DeathWolf wrote:
Lately(ff trunk) I've been having strange freezes when opening new windows, especially from external programs and when the windows are not focused.

Firefox eventually complains of a slow running script(tabmixplus.js) line 782, which here is:

onTabSelect: function TMP_EL_TabSelect(aEvent) {

try to use new profile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:01 pm 
Admin

dualsighter wrote:
using whitehart theme on FF3.0.5, latest built 090107 breaks slim tabbar, it will just ignore the option in whitehart's option to use slim tab bar to save space.

report about that to whitehart developer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:56 pm 
Hello. I'm using the latest dev build of TMP and an hourly build of Firefox 3.1 beta 3. the new builds now place the "new tab" button at the end of the last tab to new tabs instead of on the far right (looks like IE7/8).

When I installed TMP there seems to be no way to keep the new tab button there.

I hope a future TMP update allows for me to keep it in the default position. Thanks, great add-on!

Post subject: Closed Tabs List
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:05 pm 

I think there is a small error in the way the Closed Tabs List is displayed. Items 1-9 have a space before the ":".
i.e., 1 : Google

10 does also (10 : Google), but starting at 11 the leading space goes away (11: Google). I think it should have been gone on 10 as well. I assume it is to make the list line up better.

The fix is in tab mix plus.xpi\chrome\tabmixplus.jar\content\tabmixplus\session\sessionStore.js
in var TMP_ClosedTabs
populateUndoSubmenu: function ct_populateUndoSubmenu(aPopup) {
change:
var count = (i + 1) + (i<10 ? " : " : ": ");

to:
var count = (i + 1) + (i<9 ? " : " : ": ");

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:30 am 

Here's my conclusion onemen:
# tab_mix_plus-0.3.7.4pre.081203.xpi :: no freeze
# tab_mix_plus-0.3.7.4pre.090107.xpi :: freeze

Steps(on a brand new profile, nothing changed):
1.start ff
2.press ctrl(stay pressed) and then press the n key about 20 or 30 times to open a lot of windows very fast
3.experience permanent freeze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:16 pm 

I have a report much like DeathWolf's: with tab_mix_plus-0.3.7.4pre.090107 I don't get the slow-script-error, but it does become unusable.
Technically this seems to not be a freeze, but each window takes longer to open than the last, perhaps exponentially so. This happens even if they are opened one at a time:
The 6th has a small delay, the 7th taking perhaps half a minute, and the 8th taking several minutes. I tried to time the 9th, but it opened when I wasn't looking somewhere between half and one hour after the ctrl-n. (I'm testing in a separate new profile of course)

While a window is loading, the browser is blocked, and does not even redraw, and it's using close to 100% of a CPU.

This of course prevents using my saved session (using Session Manager) so I had to downgrade to tab_mix_plus-0.3.7.4pre.081203 in my real profile and it works fine. Fortunately I have it set to ask whether to restore a session on load.

Here's my useragent:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008121621 Ubuntu/8.04 (hardy) Firefox/3.0.5
This is on a dual-core Turion 1.6GHz with 2GB of ram, and 4 of swap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:05 pm 
Admin

DeathWolf wrote:
Here's my conclusion onemen:
# tab_mix_plus-0.3.7.4pre.081203.xpi :: no freeze
# tab_mix_plus-0.3.7.4pre.090107.xpi :: freeze

Steps(on a brand new profile, nothing changed):
1.start ff
2.press ctrl(stay pressed) and then press the n key about 20 or 30 times to open a lot of windows very fast
3.experience permanent freeze.

i will fix this in the next vesrion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:43 pm 
Any idea why all of a sudden I am unable to load links using the Enter button in Firefox 3.1 Beta 2? They'll load if I actually press the "Go" button, but not if I press Enter or if I try to load a link from history. It will still work using the Google Bar, which is...well, odd. I'm using Windows XP and the problem persisted even after removing all extensions and trying a clean build. I haven't made any major AI tweaks in months, and it was working fine this morning.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 34  Next