Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:47 am 
Smagma, tried that without success. When I hit save, settings revert back to FF session manager being unchecked (probably because I have uncheck all options under the FF session manager)

WildcatRay, I think this is the answer, as I am in fact clicking on a restart FF button (not certain if this is from an extension or not, but it’s in my file drop down menu). Do you know of anyway to disable this? I do have Show Homepage at browser start selected, and crash recovery unselected in my FF tools optiopns.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:09 am 

Phil wrote:
WildcatRay, I think this is the answer, as I am in fact clicking on a restart FF button (not certain if this is from an extension or not, but it’s in my file drop down menu). Do you know of anyway to disable this? I do have Show Homepage at browser start selected, and crash recovery unselected in my FF tools optiopns.

Do you have MR Tech Toolkit installed, too? It adds a Restart Fx menu item in the File Menu. That, and the one that drops down in the Add-on Mgr. go to the browser's internal restart function which restores windows and tabs to how they were when the browser closes as part of that process.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:20 am 
WildcatRay wrote:
Phil wrote:

Do you have MR Tech Toolkit installed, too? It adds a Restart Fx menu item in the File Menu. That, and the one that drops down in the Add-on Mgr. go to the browser's internal restart function which restores windows and tabs to how they were when the browser closes as part of that process.

Very good Wildcat....
I do have MR Tech installed, and was thinking that it could be my issue. I do have MRT's session restore option unchecked. Are you saying that if I have this extension installed, and use one of the two restart buttons, that by default it will 'always' open prior tabs; and that this cannot be disabled?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:40 am 

Phil wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:
Phil wrote:

Very good Wildcat....
I do have MR Tech installed, and was thinking that it could be my issue. I do have MRT's session restore option unchecked. Are you saying that if I have this extension installed, and use one of the two restart buttons, that by default it will 'always' open prior tabs; and that this cannot be disabled?

Thanks!

The browser has its own internal coding for "restarting" the browser. This is a convenience feature for such instances as installing/updating add-ons or updates to the browser itself. Toolkit's added menu item simply provides a way to access it in addition to the ones that are available in the Add-on Mgr. or on the browser update dialog box.

For the average user, they are not very likely to want to start a whole new browsing session under such circumstances. Rather they are likely to want to pick up from where they left off when they decided to do the installation/update.

If you really want to start a new session under such circumstances, your only work-around is to close the browser and then start it, again.

I, personally, love the session restore whether it is the internal browser restart or when I start the browser under any other situation. (I have my option set to Show windows and tabs from last time. I also have the Session Mgr. extension even though I only use it to keep the past few sessions just in case. It has the ability like TMP to save different sessions for later retrieval along with an author who does not seem to be nearly as busy with other things as Gary and onemen are here, no slight to them intended. Morac always seems to be available to answer questions in the mozillazine forum thread for Session Mgr.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:41 am 
Admin

And you can find it here! :wink: sorry, Ray, thought i'd spare you hunting it down

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ WaterfoxMy TMP forum style
◆ I'm NOT a TMP developer ◆

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:00 am 

makondo wrote:
And you can find it here! :wink: sorry, Ray, thought i'd spare you hunting it down

Gee, I wanted them to learn through doing. :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:26 pm 
Admin

:lol: (you know what happens when i do that - they poke me with 'not helpful' 'rude' etc. I thought i'd spare you that kind of bs :wink: ).

TMP latest dev.build

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:38 pm 

makondo wrote:
:lol: (you know what happens when i do that - they poke me with 'not helpful' 'rude' etc. I thought i'd spare you that kind of bs :wink: ).

Oh, to suffer the pain of the slings and arrows. :wink: :lol:

Post subject: TMP
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:05 pm 
to me TMP is the center of firefox browser and i wish other addons and themes update to work according to TMP not the opposite,,thank you all for the TMP :D

Post subject: chromin fram
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:37 am 
when i install both TMP and Chromin Frame, i cant select any tabs. Is there any tweak i can do to fix this?

thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:23 am 

when new version will be release?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:42 am 

cookiepie stopped working again with latest builds etc :? :(

Post subject: Serious bug
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:30 am 
The extension is totally unusable with Firefox 3.5.1 because disables tab closure.
A new tab can be opened but no tab can be closed, neither by the close button nor by the context menu!
No other user reported such a huge bug?

Post subject: Re: Serious bug
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:50 am 
Admin

paolo wrote:
The extension is totally unusable with Firefox 3.5.1 because disables tab closure.
A new tab can be opened but no tab can be closed, neither by the close button nor by the context menu!
No other user reported such a huge bug?

use latest dev-build

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:56 pm 
I have an issue with the TMP dev build and FF 3.5.1

On Lclick, some links are opened in new tab, some in current tab. This seems entirely random. For example, I have Speed Dial, and they open in current tab on Lclick always. But, when entering any search in Google, and Lclicking on any of the results, they open in new tab. Also, on random pages, some menu links open in current tab, some in new tab. This is all with Lclick. I haven't changed any properties for a long time now, and I remember that TMP didn't do this when I had FF 3.0.9 and older stable build.

Here's the list of installed addons in my FF:

4chan 0.4.5.14
Adblock Plus 1.1
Add to Search Bar 1.8
AutoPager 0.5.2.2
Danbooru Downloader 1.5.3
Download Statusbar 0.9.6.5
Extension Manager Extended 2.8
Fasterfox Lite 3.8.1lite
Find Toolbar Tweaks 2.1.0
FireGestures 1.5.1
IE Tab 1.5.20090525
Image Search Options 1.6.0
MediaWrap 0.1.7.3
Menu Editor 1.2.6
Minimize To Tray 1.5
orbFirefox 1.0
Scroll Search Engines 1.0.1
Shortcut Keys 0.1 (disabled because it isn't compatible with FF 3.5 yet)
Speed Dial 0.9.1
Tab Mix Plus 0.3.7.4pre.090726
WebMail Notifier 1.3

Damn, that's a lot, maybe I should cut down on some :)

In the attachment is txt file of my TMP settings which I exported, in case this behavior is in fact caused by my random clicking!

Attachments:
TMPpref.txt [7.15 KiB]
Downloaded 1115 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:44 pm 
^ I recently cleaned house an FF extensions and found that my browser is working much smoother/faster. I'm all for it.

I'm also having a bit of an issue with TMP and FF 3.5.1. Everything seems fine, except the one thing I love TMP for. Multi Row. I have it activated but it's not working. Any suggestions.

Here's my plugin list:

auto fill forms
flashgot
forecast fox
google preview
g-translate
greasemonkey
my time zone for ebay
RSS ticker
Smart Bookmarks Bar
Xmarks

attached settings as well

Thanks a ton for a great piece of software.

Attachments:
TMPpref.txt [7.14 KiB]
Downloaded 1078 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:48 pm 
Admin

What do you man by 'not working'? Does it show any rows?

TMP latest dev.build

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:41 am 
Multirow works here in mine.

Post subject: TST bug
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:41 am 
Smagma wrote:
The new update seems to have caused a small problem with the tree-style tabs extension.

An extra 'shadow' gradient is placed below the last tab.

I've attached a screenshot of the issue.

Does anyone have a response to this bug? I reverted back to the previous build until this is addressed. Just wondering if anyone saw my post..

I'm not the only one with tree-style tabs installed am I?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34