Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 881 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:35 pm 
Closing a tab by Ctrl-F4 closes 2 tabs, the current one and the to the left of it, this is a new behavior compared to the old one posted on Mozilla add-ons. Ctrl-W works as expected.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:20 pm 
Admin

CPU wrote:
...the second one will make the tab title permanent. say you had a tab opened on a google search. if you where to click on a link it will change a change names. with this option, it will keep the name no matter where the address that single tab has

Thanks CPU, but that cell i have working now and then is out for lunch, i guess, 'cause i still don't get it. To me 'permanent' means it will retain the name through sessions (like a bookmark, for instance). But it seems to be the same (old) 'just for this session' option. If i'm correct, i think it needs to be indicated so because you may remember there were quite a few people looking for the permanent (carried from session to session) rename option and this new option will be confusing (just like it is for me).

Using your explanation, i went to Google search, searched for TMP, renamed the tab 'TMP-Google', opened a few links and they all had 'nttp//.....' < real URL there. There was no way to go back and change it 'cause the option in the rename popup was dimmed. Had to close all tabs and start over.

Unless i'm missing something, it doesn't seem to work right for me then. Would be nice if someone could confirm either way (and don't be afraid to say 'What don't you get, stupid!" - i won't be offended.... really).
TIA!

EDIT: i think it needs to be ... renamed! Maybe something like 'Rename all tabs opened from this tab'? (the word 'permanent' is confusing there since it doesn't persist 'permanently' from session to session (which would be out of the scope of this ext., if you'd ask me).
I'm still puzzled as to why those renamed tabs show URLs and there's no reverse option.

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ WaterfoxMy TMP forum style
◆ I'm NOT a TMP developer ◆

Last edited by makondo on Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:04 pm 
The close tab button doesnt look right on NASA Night Launch!
PLEASE FIX!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:46 pm 
Thank you for releasing a new version! Looks good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:20 pm 
I disabled all add-ons except for TMP 0.3.7pre.080721
FF 3.0.1
Windows XP SP3

The "Warn when closing multiple tabs" is checked and is not warning me when closing with multiple tabs opened.

Anyone getting the same result?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:28 pm 
Nevermind. I exported settings, uninstalled, and reinstalled. Works now :)

guest wrote:
FF 3.0.1
Windows XP SP3

The "Warn when closing multiple tabs" is checked and is not warning me when closing with multiple tabs opened.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:15 pm 
I am getting this bug. I get a warning only if there's another WINDOW opened as discussed at http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8755

guest wrote:
FF 3.0.1
Windows XP SP3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:45 am 
Admin

garferi wrote:
Hi!

I have Abstract Classic theme and something wrong with multi-rows.
The second and other rows always starting from the middle, not from the left. See the picture.

There are the same problem with all Bodizzle's theme

Thx!

some theme align text to center this make all tab align to center in multi-rows

add this to your userChrome.css i'll will add this to next dev-build

.tabbrowser-tabs {
text-align: start !important;
}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:06 am 
Thank you for the update! I was dying without TMP after the 3.0.1 upgrade!
:D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:10 am 
Admin

makondo wrote:
CPU wrote:
...the second one will make the tab title permanent. say you had a tab opened on a google search. if you where to click on a link it will change a change names. with this option, it will keep the name no matter where the address that single tab has

Thanks CPU, but that cell i have working now and then is out for lunch, i guess, 'cause i still don't get it. To me 'permanent' means it will retain the name through sessions (like a bookmark, for instance). But it seems to be the same (old) 'just for this session' option. If i'm correct, i think it needs to be indicated so because you may remember there were quite a few people looking for the permanent (carried from session to session) rename option and this new option will be confusing (just like it is for me).

Using your explanation, i went to Google search, searched for TMP, renamed the tab 'TMP-Google', opened a few links and they all had 'nttp//.....' < real URL there. There was no way to go back and change it 'cause the option in the rename popup was dimmed. Had to close all tabs and start over.

Unless i'm missing something, it doesn't seem to work right for me then. Would be nice if someone could confirm either way (and don't be afraid to say 'What don't you get, stupid!" - i won't be offended.... really).
TIA!

EDIT: i think it needs to be ... renamed! Maybe something like 'Rename all tabs opened from this tab'? (the word 'permanent' is confusing there since it doesn't persist 'permanently' from session to session (which would be out of the scope of this ext., if you'd ask me).
I'm still puzzled as to why those renamed tabs show URLs and there's no reverse option.

the name 'TMP-Google' wiil stay on the same tab only, for all link that you open in the same tab not in new tabs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:24 am 
Admin

Anonymous wrote:
PLEASE FIX!!

report this to NASA Night Launch developer

Post subject: Re: tabs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:34 am 
tmcookies wrote:
tabs don't look nice under theme silvermel

http://www.silvermel.net/

Can confirm this. It's working with the older build of TabMix Plus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:04 am 

onemen wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
PLEASE FIX!!

You can report any problems with NASA Night Launch here:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 8&t=547498

@onemen: You wrote this: "Fixed: Close tab button not look right on non default themes [i hope that we fix it for all theme]. "

Could you give me an idea what you changed between 0.3.6.1.080416 and 0.3.7pre.080721 to fix this?

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:00 am 

Hello,

I have just installed this version of TMP, however it messed up my DEFAULT style.

I am running Firefox 3.0.0 on Mac OS X 10.5.4.

The background of the cross button becomes strange.

This is the screenshot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:05 pm 

Exact same issue as VincentPun..running 3.0.1 on OS X (10.5.4) and am seeing the issue with the close tab button. Is an issue with all of my installed themes.

Thanks for your work on this indispensable add-on....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:48 pm 
when the tabs don't fit width (overflowing) they just start disappearing to the left. (there's the tab list option). It won't change no matter which option i select (multi-row/scrollable with ...).
using :
win XP sp3
FF 3.0
0.3.7pre.080721 Released

(this also happened in the previous dev build)

also - none of the other options for changing the tab bar won't work : i can add the close tab button and the extra spaces but all the features designed to deal with too many tabs for one row aren't functional...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:59 pm 
Admin

mcdavis941 wrote:
onemen wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
PLEASE FIX!!

You can report any problems with NASA Night Launch here:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 8&t=547498

@onemen: You wrote this: "Fixed: Close tab button not look right on non default themes [i hope that we fix it for all theme]. "

Could you give me an idea what you changed between 0.3.6.1.080416 and 0.3.7pre.080721 to fix this?

Cheers.

i have changed the tab binding (id="browser-tab") in the file tabmix_3.xml

and in tab.css add
.tabbrowser-tab .tabs-closebutton {
display: none;
}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:22 pm 

onemen wrote:
i have changed the tab binding (id="browser-tab") in the file tabmix_3.xml

and in tab.css add
.tabbrowser-tab .tabs-closebutton {
display: none;
}

Great, thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:30 pm 
Admin

onemen wrote:
...the name 'TMP-Google' will stay on the same tab only, for all link that you open in the same tab not in new tabs

Gotcha, thanks! I see it useless for those who, like me, open everything in new tabs then.

Thanks for your time, onemen, Good Luck!

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ WaterfoxMy TMP forum style
◆ I'm NOT a TMP developer ◆

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:35 pm 
tdubh wrote:
Exact same issue as VincentPun..running 3.0.1 on OS X (10.5.4) and am seeing the issue with the close tab button. Is an issue with all of my installed themes.

Thanks for your work on this indispensable add-on....

I'm seeing the same thing using iFox under Firefox 3.0.1 on WinXP

I really appreciate the work you are doing on this add-on. Since I started using it 2 years ago, I feel lost when I can't use it! :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 881 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next