Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:51 am 
CPU wrote:

djet wrote:
I use built-in Fx2RC2 session saver and upon browser start all tabs are marked as unread. Fix this please.

I really dont like the wording of "unread" because it can be actually taken literaly and many users will complain about they actually read the page but its marked as read. The "unread" feature is meant to display thats that have not been selected at all (most likely not read either but not always the case). Because the tabs that were restored technically havent been selected, they are marked as unread.

1. You can make this feature behave more literally by letting users set a timeout after which the selected tab will be marked as read.
2. Session restoring should work as transparent to user as possible, this also means it would be handy to store also all tabs statuses. However, I don't know if it's techincally possible with built-in session management in Fx2.0.
3. The more tabs I have open, the more confusion this feature brings as really new (and unread literally) tabs won't differ from old (and with a greater probability, already read) tabs. Of course, I can quickly switch all tabs after Fx start to make them "read", but it's a rather annoying workaround :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:16 am 
Hello,

TMP 0.3.5 RC1 forget to abstract the following localization String:

TMP Options -> Session -> Preserve -> [x] Scroll & Text Size

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:06 am 
Admin

i know of the problem and it will be fixed in the next release

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:44 am 

CPU wrote:
qvattro wrote:
When I hover tabs, the backgrounds change. [...]

What font and font size are you using?

font (-size): Eurostile (12pt)

makondo wrote:
on the page 2, a 'Guest' (Artifex?) posted a code: [...]

oh it doesn't work, even with different heights

EDIT: I looked around and found a snipet from a fix that was posted earlier here...I modified and added this to userchrome.css:
Code:
.tabbrowser-tabs > tab[tabx=showhover][showbutton=on] .tab-text {margin: 2px 0px 0px 0px!important;}

It's works for me perfectly, but perhaps someone else runs in trouble with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:25 am 
Someone may have mentioned this, but the shift-left shift-right bars (when there are too many tabs) don't disappear when there's room - when I delete one and click left (with all tabs visible) they disappear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 pm 
Two annoying bugs on firefox 2.0rc2 linux (make tabmix totally unusable) :

- The bookmarks menu is empty when tabmix is loaded, loading the bookmark manager or the add bookmark dialog make the menu reappears
- The first time i initiate tabmix config dialog in each session, the dialog is around 1px by 1px and when i resize it the content is all white, then closing it and reopen it fix the size and content drawing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:01 pm 

1. When you drag tab from right side to left, it doesn't move to place where arrow was, but to one place to the right. To reproduce: open 4 tabs and try dragging 4th into left side of tab bar.

2. Session Saving sometimes doesn't work (when normally exiting FF).

3. Close Button is glowing when moving cursor 1 or 2 pixels from right side of it.

4. When there's only one tab, there isn't Close Button on it.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061011 BonEcho/2.0 - Build ID: 2006101103

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:26 pm 
Is it possible to close the browser when the last tab is closed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:09 pm 
please, how can i keep reloadevery enabled when the tab's url is changing?

Quote:
If you want to permanently stop it disabling itself, close Ff then in your profile's extensions folder, go into the {dc572301-7619-498c-a57d-39143191b318}\chrome folder and open the tabmixplus.jar with 7-zip or winrar. Navigate to content\tabmixplus\minit\ and edit tablib.js with a text editor then right near the end of the files, remove the lines

if (aTab.autoReloadURI != tab.webNavigation.currentURI.spec){
gBrowser.disableAutoReload(aTab);
return;
}

this is not working ! :(

BIG Thanks !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:54 pm 
Admin

do the same steps as above exept go to tab\tabmix.xml

around lines 707-716, replace

Code:
                if (this.mTab.autoReloadEnabled){
                  if (this.mTab.autoReloadURI == this.mBrowser.currentURI.spec) {
                     if (this.mTab.autoReloadTimerID)
                        clearTimeout(this.mTab.autoReloadTimerID);
                     this.mTab.linkedBrowser.contentWindow.scrollTo(this.mTab.linkedBrowser.curScrollX, this.mTab.linkedBrowser.curScrollY);
                     this.mTab.autoReloadTimerID=setTimeout("reloadPage(\"" + this.mTab.id + "\");", this.mTab.autoReloadTime*1000);
                  }
                  else
                     this.mTabBrowser.disableAutoReload(this.mTab);
                }

with

Code:
                     this.mTab.linkedBrowser.contentWindow.scrollTo(this.mTab.linkedBrowser.curScrollX, this.mTab.linkedBrowser.curScrollY);
                     this.mTab.autoReloadTimerID=setTimeout("reloadPage(\"" + this.mTab.id + "\");", this.mTab.autoReloadTime*1000);
                }

btw, this code is found twice in that file but you just need to replace it the first time you see it if you are using FF1.5 and above

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:06 pm 
makondo wrote:
qvattro,

on the page 2, a 'Guest' (Artifex?) posted a code:

Code:
#scroll-tabs-frame {
height: 24px !important;
}

Put this code in your userChrome.css or style. It worked for me (i had the same issue with this RC).
Thanks, Guest!

That code doesn't work when tabs are set to multi-row.

Code:
.tabbrowser-tabs tab {
  height: 24px !important;
}

This works better.

KOLE wrote:
1. When you drag tab from right side to left, it doesn't move to place where arrow was, but to one place to the right. To reproduce: open 4 tabs and try dragging 4th into left side of tab bar.

3. Close Button is glowing when moving cursor 1 or 2 pixels from right side of it.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061011 BonEcho/2.0 - Build ID: 2006101103

I confirm 1, 3, and 4.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061009 BonEcho/2.0 - Build ID: 2006100903

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:23 pm 
I use Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061011 Minefield/3.0a1 on OpenSuse 10.1 and there is a small glitch when pointing on a tab.
Here is a screenshot: http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8558/b ... to2vf9.png
This seems to be related to the setting: show close button when pointed, because this issue is not when show close button on all tabs is selected.
Furthermore there are two small issue with the TabMix Plus Option Window...
Screenshot: http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8581 ... to3xg0.png
The Window is a few pixel to small (cancel button is cutted) and the most right tab is not displayed correctly. Only the "tab" tab in the display menu and and the "tools Menu" tab in the "Menu" menu are affected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:59 pm 
Admin

pile0nades,

i already had this changed (right after onemen posted the fix) and still had the middle part rising on mouseover (from favicon to close button). The scroll-tabs-frame code works for me with multirow. There's still an issue with the text collapsing a pixel down on the focused tabs - i had this forever! and think it might have something to do with fonts: if i select bold for current tab, text will dance up-n-down, if i unselect it and all tabs are normal font - everything is smooth.

MTD,

read the posts above, that's exactly what we're talking about. I don't know about the Options window though, don't see this here.

I can also confirm 1&4 from KOLE's post (don't use 3 [session manager] and don't see the glowing close button - using a style to change it) - when dragging a tab it opens one tab off to the right and there's no close button on the only tab (not sure it should be there since i have 'prevent last tab from closing' selected. If i uncheck it, the close button does show but if i close this last tab, the tab shows 'Untitled' and no close button. To me, it's normal behavior).

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox
◆ I'm NOT a TMP developer ◆

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:07 am 
Admin

KOLE wrote:

we will have to fix the first one.

as for number 4. make sure that you dont have the option set to "prevent last tab from closing" in events->tab closing

as you can see, it shows it on mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:48 am 

CPU wrote:
KRH wrote:
just before I updated to Fx 2.0 RC2, I updated to TMP 0.3.0.61001 from a much older dev version, the number of which I don't remember because the archived xpi was overwritten by the new one. My problem is that I don't like the new options for displaying multiple tabs. I don't want multiple rows and I don't like the scrolling feature. Before, my tabs would simply get compressed until they would eventually become just slits. That's the way I want it. I don't care whether they're squished and illegible, as long as they're visible. What can I do to retrieve that behavior? Is there an earlier dev build I can use that would be compatible with Fx 2.0? (I have to say that I've never had a bit of conflict between TMP and any other extension, so I'm not worried about that kind of issue).

You might just want to set your minimum width to 22 and not select the option "tab width fits to tab title

Of course! Sorry, that should have been obvious. I hadn't selected the option, "tab width fits to tab title", but resetting the minimum width to 22 did exactly what I wanted. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:40 am 
@CPU:

Thank You for your help! But:

Your code is not working, you are missing an open bracket in line 2 of your replace-code :) But i fixxed it myself and hell its working now ! :D

Code:
                     if (this.mTab.autoReloadTimerID) {

This is correct line 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:37 am 
Code:

and this line needs to be removed or you end in a timeout where reloadevery disables itself.

so my current working code is:

Code:
              if ((aStateFlags & Components.interfaces.nsIWebProgressListener.STATE_IS_WINDOW) && (aStateFlags &
                                 Components.interfaces.nsIWebProgressListener.STATE_STOP)){
                  if (this.mTab.autoReloadURI) {
                  }
                }
              }

if (this.mTabBrowser.mCurrentTab == this.mTab) {
                for (var i = 0; i < this.mTabBrowser.mProgressListeners.length; i++) {

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:17 am 
@CPU:

Forget all i said about the code.. it wasnt all working..

now i did exactly what you said and i get the following error msg:

Error launching browser window:no XBL binding to browser

so your code is not working :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:38 am 
Admin

ill try to fix it when i get home later today

Post subject: Small Menu Bug
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:42 am 

in 0.3.0.5 the Tab Bar Context Menu has a menu called "Closed Tabs List", in 3.0.5 this had its own icon, in 0.3.49.x this no longer has an icon, this causes problems with CuteMenus - Crystal SVG, could you please add the icon to this menu? its in the regular context menu just not the tab bar context menu. if this could be fixed it would be much appreciated.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next