Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: problem...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:21 pm 
My problem is the tabs alignment when I am using the "Windows Classic style" windows theme. Check the screenshots below, you can notice that there is a difference between using or not TMP with FF 2.0...

1st .jpg - TMP ON
2nd .jpg - TMP OFF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:32 pm 
Admin

Willemina wrote:
onemen wrote:
Willemina wrote:
I have searched but couldn't find the answer to this question.

Is there any way with this version to disable scrolling and multi row on the tab bar? If I have a lot of taps open, I would like the tab bar to extend along a single line until only the page icons are visible.

(this rarely happens, but at least I can decide for myself when it is time to open a new window or close tabs)

tabmix > options > dispaly > tab bar > when tabs don't fit width

set the pref to scrolable with or without buttons

As I said in my original post, I want to disable the scrolling tab bar and the multi row. In other words, I want a multi row value of 1, always - and without scrolling. This is how the previous version of TMP worked.

that is not how TMP worked, thats is how firefox used to work. You can get closer to what you are looking for by decreasing your tabs minimum width to 22 (lowest value) and then set the scrollable without buttons feature.

Post subject: solved...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:36 pm 
I found the solution for the problem above (2 posts above that is...). You have to add the code below to userchrome.css.

Code:
.tabbrowser-tabs > tab {
height: 27px !important;
margin-top: 1px !important;
}

PS: Credits for this go to the user Unbreakable on ComputerGames.ro forum! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:03 pm 
Windows XP here, FF 2.0. I have noticed a small glitch introduced in tmp-0.3.5rc1-20061009 (tmp-0.3.0.61001 does not have this problem). I have tried that with a clean profile, where the only extension installed was tmp-0.3.0.61001, (replaced later with tmp-0.3.5rc1-20061009), without changing any setting. The problem occurs when you drag the link (or the selected text, which happens to be a valid link) into the tabbar.

In tmp-0.3.0.61001 everything seemed reasonable, whereas in tmp-0.3.5rc1-20061009 it is impossible to replace the contents of a tab with this dragged link, always a new tab is created, even when releasing mouse while pointing right into the middle of the tab.

Also, sometimes "the arrow" shows the place between tab 1 and tab 2, but the link opens after the tab 2. For that second thing to occur you have to point slightly to the right of the arrow while releasing the mouse.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:36 pm 

m--s wrote:
[...] Also, sometimes "the arrow" shows the place between tab 1 and tab 2, but the link opens after the tab 2. For that second thing to occur you have to point slightly to the right of the arrow while releasing the mouse.

As a temporary workaround, try the other arrow style (built-in vs. native). It's on the "tab bar" tab of the "display" page in the TMP options.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:41 pm 
tonymec wrote:
m--s wrote:
[...] Also, sometimes "the arrow" shows the place between tab 1 and tab 2, but the link opens after the tab 2. For that second thing to occur you have to point slightly to the right of the arrow while releasing the mouse.

As a temporary workaround, try the other arrow style (built-in vs. native). It's on the "tab bar" tab of the "display" page in the TMP options.

That workaround isn't working for me, but... with the new TMP 0.3.5 RC 2 (just announced) this problem just vanishes!

... and that's what I call a quick response :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:52 pm 
0.3.5 RC2 solves this problem, but also the other thing changed with that new version - whenever (while dragging a link) I point on a tabbar between the two tabs and pause for a second or two, the focus changes to the tab currently pointed. IMHO there are two problems with that:

1. That behaviour is inconsistent, because the effect does not occur while pointing directly into the middle of the tab,
2. While that may be useful sometimes, it really needs an option to turn it off... any chance for that? ... or maybe I am missing something important here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:53 pm 
Admin

please head on to the next rc build
http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3941

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:56 pm 
Admin

Willemina wrote:
.....As I said in my original post, I want to disable the scrolling tab bar and the multi row. In other words, I want a multi row value of 1, always - and without scrolling. This is how the previous version of TMP worked.

look here and set the pref
tabmix > options > dispaly > tab bar > when tabs don't fit width

no other words needed :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:01 pm 
Admin

Epimetreus wrote:
I'm using the default FF2 theme; TMP is set to use "Current & Pointed For" on all tabs for Close Tab buttons. The buttons show up fine on the selected tab, with long text being abbreviated with an ellipsis (...), but when I point at a tab, the title text isn't abbreviated; the button just overlays it...

this is by design, on Pointed tab the close button is floating over the tab label

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:01 pm 
Admin

Anonymous wrote:
"duplicate tab" key config (ctrl+shift+t), makes "undo closed tab" (but if you manually duplicate a tab by right clicking and selecting "duplicate tab" it acts normally) how can i fix that without using another extension.
this is fixed in 0.3.5 RC2

Post subject: Re: solved...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:10 pm 
Admin

CBR wrote:
I found the solution for the problem above (2 posts above that is...). You have to add the code below to userchrome.css.

Code:
.tabbrowser-tabs > tab {
height: 27px !important;
margin-top: 1px !important;
}

PS: Credits for this go to the user Unbreakable on ComputerGames.ro forum! ;)

we have this in tabmix but currently only apply for default theme.
i will change it to apply for all theme in firefox 2.0 and add hidden pref to let users to turn it off (some users want shrink tabbar)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:15 pm 
Admin

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Works well on my system at work (windows XP) and at home (Gentoo Linux).

Thanks for your reply! Maybe I was a little bit imprecise. I talk about the view-source function within the address bar (view-source:url). Sorry, if that was unclear! Hope you got it right ;-)

I tested it with a fresh and clean profile. If TMP RC1 is enabled view-source:url doesn't work anymore, when I disable TMP RC1 it's fine.

Test playground: Fx 2 / Ubuntu 6.06

now i see the problem.... i'll look into it tomorrow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:33 pm 
Admin

This thread is closed, please use the next one.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14