Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 164  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:56 pm 
Admin

Well, it will be accessed even more frequently now since there more users and more people know about dev.builds and coming here to get them.
Maybe we need a '$1 drive' to raise some bucks for a new host? Or! you can charge a buck for an update from this site (and probably be able to pay for a new host then? :idea: ! - BTW, since i've already covered a few dozens of users, can i have my updates free? :wink: ).

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox
◆ I'm NOT a TMP developer ◆

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:04 pm 
Admin

makondo wrote:
Well, it will be accessed even more frequently now since there more users and more people know about dev.builds and coming here to get them.
Maybe we need a '$1 drive' to raise some bucks for a new host? Or! you can charge a buck for an update from this site (and probably be able to pay for a new host then? :idea: ! - BTW, since i've already covered a few dozens of users, can i have my updates free? :wink: ).

Its not about money. From what I remember, it was just being accessed too frequently at the same time.

There have been updates to the host so we can give it a try again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:15 pm 

makondo wrote:
Thanks for the update, all's well here!

But i'd like to mention one thing before we roll onto another page (for easier referral in the future):
i have one profile with TMP 0726 waiting to see if i'll be notified about an update. It's been a day now and still nothing. Looks like dev.builds don't get update notice and people do have to check here or AMO.
Just so that we all remember that for the next storm (or swarm) ;-)

In dev.builds there is an updatekey, so amo will answer with an error message.

Quote:
RDFItemUpdater:onDatasourceLoaded: Update manifest for {dc572301-7619-498c-a57d-39143191b318} did not contain a signature.

- Fux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:30 pm 
Hello, the new dev bookmark fix isn't fully fixed yet. Yes it fixes the ability to not bookmark bookmarks, but some of the titles do not save properly. Like if a site has (sitename.index.html), it will save as the title (index.html) instead of the site name itself. I've also noticed that if one goes to older builds in Dev build, it opens a new window instead of a new tab by default. This only occurs on the latest 090802 dev update for fixed Bookmark issue. Hope this helps on whatever next fixes you are about to do. Can't wait to use this updated extension once it is fully workable. Again, I have gone back to the most stable dev build of 090726 where everything by far works.

Fx Version 3.5.2 RC

Post subject: Problem with 090802
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:32 pm 

Hi, I just installed the latest build. When I select options, either from addons or the Tools menu I get the following. I'm using yesterdays build of 3.5.3pre.

Attachments:
tmp.png
tmp.png [ 5.88 KiB | Viewed 27330 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:49 am 
Admin

Anonymous wrote:
Hello, the new dev bookmark fix isn't fully fixed yet. Yes it fixes the ability to not bookmark bookmarks, but some of the titles do not save properly. Like if a site has (sitename.index.html), it will save as the title (index.html) instead of the site name itself. I've also noticed that if one goes to older builds in Dev build, it opens a new window instead of a new tab by default. This only occurs on the latest 090802 dev update for fixed Bookmark issue. Hope this helps on whatever next fixes you are about to do. Can't wait to use this updated extension once it is fully workable. Again, I have gone back to the most stable dev build of 090726 where everything by far works.

Fx Version 3.5.2 RC

can you provide example for a site in the form: sitename.index.html

older builds in Dev build - is it Firefox older build? what version?

Post subject: Re: Problem with 090802
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:14 am 
Admin

Quill wrote:
Hi, I just installed the latest build. When I select options, either from addons or the Tools menu I get the following. I'm using yesterdays build of 3.5.3pre.

try to create new profile and test again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:42 pm 
onemen wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Fx Version 3.5.2 RC

can you provide example for a site in the form: sitename.index.html

older builds in Dev build - is it Firefox older build? what version?

As stated on build, it was 090726 for dev build version and Firefox 3.5.2 RC which is no Final. As for the other two issue about it opening a new window and site title names. I have to apologize on those. I just reinstalled 090802 dev build and haven't seen those yet. Will post if i see those sites again with incorrect bookmark titles.

Post subject: Re: Problem with 090802
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:01 am 

onemen wrote:
Quill wrote:

try to create new profile and test again

New profile worked fine. Thank you :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:53 pm 

Friendly greetings!

Thanks a lot for the continued development of Tab Mix Plus. I'm using the latest Dev-Build 0.3.8.2pre.090802 and there's a still a bug where Protected and Locked tab icons won't show and there's always a close button under the tabs when using Tab Mix Plus with Tree Style Tab in Firefox 3.5.2.

A workaround is to change *any* option in TMP, then click Apply, but it only applies for that window. As soon as a new window is opened, the problem shows up again. Here's a screenshot:

http://screencast.com/t/WZqXT8TF

This problem didn't show up in Firefox 3, I only noticed it after upgrading to 3.5. If you need any more info just let me know, thanks and I hope you can fix this. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:24 pm 
Admin

Torley wrote:
Friendly greetings!

Thanks a lot for the continued development of Tab Mix Plus. I'm using the latest Dev-Build 0.3.8.2pre.090802 and there's a still a bug where Protected and Locked tab icons won't show and there's always a close button under the tabs when using Tab Mix Plus with Tree Style Tab in Firefox 3.5.2.

A workaround is to change *any* option in TMP, then click Apply, but it only applies for that window. As soon as a new window is opened, the problem shows up again. Here's a screenshot:

http://screencast.com/t/WZqXT8TF

This problem didn't show up in Firefox 3, I only noticed it after upgrading to 3.5. If you need any more info just let me know, thanks and I hope you can fix this. :)

1. set in about:config: javascript.options.showInConsole and javascript.options.strict to true
restart firefox. open the error console and report about any errors and messages you get

2. post your extensions list
3. what is your theme?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:48 pm 
Admin

While i have no problems whatsoever, i do see this 2 errors, thought i'll let you know:

Error: p.onStateChange is not a function
Source file: chrome://tabmixplus/content/tab/tab.js
Line: 1443
gBrowser.onTabReloaded(aTab, aBrowser);

================

Error: p.onProgressChange is not a function
Line: 1359
if (ruby in progressListener)

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:20 am 
Admin

makondo wrote:
While i have no problems whatsoever, i do see this 2 errors, thought i'll let you know:

Error: p.onStateChange is not a function
Line: 1443
gBrowser.onTabReloaded(aTab, aBrowser);

================

Error: p.onProgressChange is not a function
Line: 1359
if (ruby in progressListener)

do you get this also on new profile ?
if not, post you extensions list, and i'm sure you know how to find the extensoion(s) that cause the problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:27 am 
Admin

Uhmm, i don't see any problem :)
Everything works fine as usual, as i said. But since the errors point to tabmixplus, i thought you might want to know. If it's not an issue, than i just wasted space ;-)

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:31 pm 
Admin

the error messages is the problem
so pleas try to find the how can i reproduce it
is it incompatibility with some extensions or profile problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:05 pm 
Admin

This might take a while. At first, i had those errors (new profile, TMP and MR Tech Toolkit only), but didn't have them for a while now. Since this isn't the profile i'm comfortable using, just a test profile, it might take a while till i figure which one/what's causing the errors.

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:55 am 
Admin

Tab Mix Plus Dev-Build 0.3.8.2pre.090808 Released (Older builds)
  • Fixed: Issue with duplicate tab and Firegestures, can't delete surce tab after duplicat.
  • Fixed: Odd jerks when closing tabs: It looks almost like the browser first switches to the next tab then closes.
  • Fixed: Some style cleanup for default theme: new button on right side, scroll button for multi-row, multi-row bottom meging.....
  • Fixed: Add three extensions to incompatibility list: "Undo closed button", "Remove new tab button, "Last tab close button".
  • Fixed: With Tree Style Tab in vertical mode & Torbutton & TMP all tabs stretched vertically.
Important: We enable Auto Update for dev-build again. you will be notify for the next dev-build

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:11 am 
Admin

Thank you! Good news about the updates! :)

(BTW, the 2 errors i posted above just popped up when i clicked Submit. I think this narrows it down a bit. I have 2 exts. that deal with saving textboxes. Might be it, will check later in a new profile).

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:10 am 

Thanks for the update, onemen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:47 am 

onemen wrote:
[*] Fixed: Odd jerks when closing tabs: It looks almost like the browser first switches to the next tab then closes.

That fixes my report at http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33505. Nice work, onemen. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 164  Next