Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:01 pm 

Issue:
It seems TMP's session manager can't load addons made by add-on sdk when restoring.

Steps to reproduce the issue (you might want to use firefox developer/unbranded edition for testing):
1. Enable TMP's session manager in the options.

2. Set the session manager's option "When Browser Starts" to "Restore".

3. Open some tabs and close the firefox so the session is saved.

4. Create an addon with add-on sdk: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/SDK/Tutorials/Getting_Started_(jpm)
You can just run `jpm init`then in generated `index.js`, just write one line code to show simple log message: `console.error('<log message here>');`
When the add-on is loaded or installed, it should display the log message in browser console.

5. Run `jpm xpi` to package the addon (or you can also use `jpm run` to test the addon).

6. Install the addon into firefox. We would see the log message is shown in the browser console as expected.

7. Restart the firefox so the TMP's session manager will perform window restoring. Check the browser console, you won't see the log message, which means the addon is not loaded at all.

I saw this log message if I test the addon-sdk addon using `jpm run --profile <profile_name>` with TMP addon installed beforehand:
Code:
1505946142888   addons.xpi   DEBUG Calling bootstrap method install on @test version 0.0.1

note: the `@test` is the addon name that created from step #4.

I wonder if TMP session manager, when restoring the sessions, can only load bootstrap made addons but can't load add-on sdk made addons ?