Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TMP needs your help !
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:53 pm 
Admin

First of all, thanks to everyone who helps TMP users to solve problems and onemen to find and fix bugs! We appreciate you taking the time to help.

We're in a process of re-writing Help page. It will include a detailed explanation of every option and will be easier to navigate and find answers. Now is a good time to post here your suggestions and questions to help us to make it an easy to use guide. Please feel free to post your ideas, ask questions (it will help us to understand which portions need special attention), help with wording and correct mistakes (English is not our native language), complaints you might have about the existing Help page. We appreciate any and all input!

Also, now that we have a new troubleshooting page (see the links at the top of every page) and Tab Mix Plus approaches its 10th anniversary next year, we thought it might be a good time to change the icon. We're looking for a good graphics icon that will size nicely 16x16, 24x24 and 32x32.
Post your images here (use Full editor to attach them and/or 'place inline' option).
Here's your chance to shine!
Good Luck and Thank you!

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox
◆ I'm NOT a TMP developer ◆

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:57 pm 

I'll give it a shot.
Do you have any special requests?
Preferred colors, etc?

Some of the add-on icons that I've made.
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/user/927085/
and
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/user/100508/
and some other stuff
http://kensaunders.deviantart.com/

I'd more than likely be using Inkscape so you'll have some high res vector images that you'll be able to resize to whatever you'd like outside of just for the add-on itself, like for putting on a cool t-shirt perhaps? :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:27 am 
Admin

Ken!
Boy am i glad you are here! I was 'secretly' hoping you would. I always liked your avatars/icons and taste overall.
No, no prefs at all. Feel free to do whatever you feel fits your idea of Tab Mix Plus. I personally never understood the image Gary has chosen a few years back but i think he just didn't have much choice then and had to get something to release TMP on AMO (distinguish from the original Tab Mix by HemiolaSUN, if you remember).
Anyway, as i said - feel free to do whatever. The only requirement is resizing, it needs to look good as a favicon (16x16).

TIA!

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:38 pm 

Hi!

Love the product, truly. I happen to be a professional tech writer. proWritersInt.com and hunt Cat L (or Elance -- digilady, LinkedIn Cat LeDevic :) I've done everything from tech specs. user manuals, site content, online/offline help, FAQS - you name it.

If you'd like any help with your help ;) I'd be more than happy to give back considering what you've given all of us. facebook:jokerette in Skype

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:02 am 
Admin

Welcome and thank you!
Please feel free to browse the Help and Troubleshooting linked above and give your opinion, corrections, suggestions, etc. to onemen. There's a bunch of typos he's aware of and will correct next week but there's no harm if you note them again. You can send him a PM (and he'll - probably - will give his email for communication).
Should you have questions about TMP functions, just post here and we'll sort it out.
We really appreciate any help, thanks in advanced!

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:59 pm 
Admin

OK, the icon request went nowhere so here it is again.
The same stands: " icon that will size nicely 16x16, 24x24 and 32x32 "
Since many of TMP users use themes and/or dark styles, it should be colorful to stand against dark/light backgrounds.

TMP has been around for a decade now, 10 years anniversary in November. Would be really nice to celebrate with a new icon.
You can attach images in this thread or send a PM directly to onemen.

Thanks!

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:53 pm 

[[[[NOTE: English isn't my native language, but I try to fix my mistakes and improve as much as I can each time.]]]

I'm not sure if this is too old to post, but I would like to contribute to this project.

I like to write and documentation is one of my many areas of interest. I consider documentation is a lot more important than users and developers think, as it makes the software:
  • More useful and accessible. The user can understand the features of the software and make better use of them.
  • Sometimes it may discover inconsistencies in UX: Documentation writers are at least users of the software, so they may suggest ways to modify certain parts of the user interface to make a feature or option to be easier to use.
  • It gives more importance and more trust to the project: Projects with good and updated documentation, updated website and an alive community are more attractive than others lacking all that.

I have some experience at writing and contributing with documentation, maybe it's not so much:
  • I contributed to Wikipedia, these days not so much as in the past but I plan to do it more.
  • I helped at converting the documentation of a few projects to their wikis: I did it many years ago when FreeSCI project got merged into ScummVM,

I only have one requirement: I would like to have a mentor that initially gives me small tasks to learn the correct procedures and workflow, then progressively give me more complex and longer tasks in a pedagogical way. My brain is extremely wired to Active Learning and tasks like this would help me to improve my English writing skills, among others aspects that I consider no less important.

My preferred markup language at this moment is AsciiDoc(tor). I'm interested in learning Rst. I'm comfortable with Mediawiki syntax, despite its cumbersome in some specific aspects. I can adapt and learn new markup languages if needed.

I can also help with translating to Spanish too,
  • I translated lots interviews and articles for many websites in the past. I can give you in private some references.
  • I don't have much experience in translating software: I usually use software in English localization as much as possible (UK or US). Despite of that, I want to learn and prepare my system for testing the translations in an easy way.
  • I sometimes have issues concerning about what wording and terms to use: I would like to be informed about resources such as technical dictionaries, places to ask, databases, tools and others.