Tab Mix Plus

Official Home of TMP
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:39 pm 

I always set TMP to reload the Tab when I double Clicked it. If it now closes it I am in trouble. I do want Multi-rows for tabs and to be able to resize them to fit. I am not looking forward to FF57.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:35 pm 

Revising my previous position on WebExtensions somewhat, and offering an idea to just continue with XUL.

I have spent a lot of time fiddling with WebExtensions API over the past year while trying to rewrite an old XUL add-on. The API keeps changing. They recently added icons for the context menu! I don't know if or when they will implement APIs like the toolbar mentioned by someone in a semi-recent post. If they did, then I think this add-on may have a bright future.

But even if there is a questionable WebExtensions future, there WILL be XUL/XPCOM support in projects like Waterfox and Palemoon. What will be the state of that support? And will it continue to get feature enhancements? Will such enhancements be shared or even shareable between Waterfox and Palemoon? Only time will tell. Maintaining support for two APIs may also not be feasible. But if others can help with dev work, maybe it could be.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:22 pm 
Admin

Support for Waterfox will continue. Not sure about PM.

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox
◆ I'm NOT a TMP developer ◆

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:13 pm 
Admin

Please read and post your suggestions here.
Thanks everyone!

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:01 pm 

I stupidly said, "sure I'll update to quantum. What could possibly go wrong?" I don't understand all of the tech talk but I really bummed that FF disabled all of my extensions. TMP was probably the most critical and extensions like that are what kept me from even looking at other browsers. Is there a way to revert back to an older ver of FF?
I gather there is something called Waterfox and I'll look that up. I have donated to TMP in the past and will again if there's a way to bring it back. Very sorry I "upgraded"... :-(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:17 pm 

LocalHero wrote:
Is there a way to revert back to an older ver of FF?
I gather there is something called Waterfox and I'll look that up. I have donated to TMP in the past and will again if there's a way to bring it back. Very sorry I "upgraded"... :-(

At home, I switched to Waterfox a month or so ago, when I found out that TMP would not work with the new FF release. Honestly, it was a very easy transition. I logged in like it was firefox, and it brought over all of my extensions and bookmarks.

You can go to mozilla's site and get the old releases HERE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:49 pm 

Double_A wrote:
LocalHero wrote:
Is there a way to revert back to an older ver of FF?

At home, I switched to Waterfox a month or so ago, when I found out that TMP would not work with the new FF release. Honestly, it was a very easy transition. I logged in like it was firefox, and it brought over all of my extensions and bookmarks.

You can go to mozilla's site and get the old releases HERE

Thanks, I've already downloaded Waterfox but haven't installed it yet. I will soon though. Is it updated regularly with security updates? (I'd never heard of it before)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:24 pm 

I thought this thread was supposed to be closed?
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:06 pm 
Admin

It was but i reopened it for ... releasing fumes and not to clutter the other thread (sticky).

LocalHero,

the TMP as a WebExt. sticky is here, you can also read more here.
Waterfox is updated with security updates but will stick to pre-57 version in everything else for as long as Alex (the WF developer) can, read more on the WF forum.

TMP latest dev.build
Win10 ♦ Waterfox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:55 pm 

Vote for this https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1226546

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:03 am 

i'm using FF Quantum and it was not a good idea.
Do you have idea when your TMP will be ready for FF 57 again? I had no idea your options where so important to me!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:41 am 

I've decided I'm not going anywhere near Firefox 57 until I know what the situation is with TMP.
I've already been automatically updated to web extension versions of a couple of my other add-ons on Firefox 56, and immediately rolled them back and switched off auto update, as they were crippled compared with the previous versions, with a lot of their useful facilities gone!
:(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:13 pm 

Dave-H wrote:
I've decided I'm not going anywhere near Firefox 57 until I know what the situation is with TMP.
I've already been automatically updated to web extension versions of a couple of my other add-ons on Firefox 56, and immediately rolled them back and switched off auto update, as they were crippled compared with the previous versions, with a lot of their useful facilities gone!

I am in the same situation. Also I rolled back the FireFox installation, after I disabled the AutoUpdate Feature.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/56.0b9/

Without TMP there is no reason to stay with Firefox.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 pm 

Off topic, but is that the very last version of Firefox 56?
:)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:17 pm 

Sio_x wrote:
Dave-H wrote:

I am in the same situation. Also I rolled back the FireFox installation, after I disabled the AutoUpdate Feature.

Anyhow use http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/56.0.2/ even 52 ESR.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:49 pm 

I'm already using 56.0.2, which will presumably be the last release version of 56.
Is 56.0b9 actually a later version, perhaps an unreleased beta?
:?:
EDIT
Just checked and 56.0b9 is from September, 56.0.2 is from October, so the latter is definitely the latest and last version of Firefox 56.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:35 pm 

yfdyh000 wrote:
Sio_x wrote:
Dave-H wrote:

Anyhow use http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/56.0.2/ even 52 ESR.

Tech challenged here... what do I do with that link to roll back FF to 56.0.2? I see it links to an index of versions but what's the next step? And what is the difference between the win64-EME-free/ and win64/ links?
Thank you!

Edit: I googled the eme-free question and while I still don't understand, I gather it's not critical which I choose.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:17 pm 

Go with 58a1 Nightly... https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nig ... a-central/
with 'extensions.legacy.enabled' to true in about:config

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:55 pm 

Taurean wrote:
Go with 58a1 Nightly... https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nig ... a-central/
with 'extensions.legacy.enabled' to true in about:config

So I click on your link.... and then choose "Firefox Installer.en-US.exe"? There are a lot of links on that page!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:25 am 

After a bit of reading, experimenting and guessing, I've managed to get the ver 59 nightly running on my laptop (I was aiming for 58 but I guess it automatically updates??) Only nothing works well... Tab Mix Plus options show up in the tools menu but they don't seem to actually function. Am I missing something? extensions.legacy.enabled is set to true.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next